New Academy School Admissions Process
1. Application Procedures
- Contact the school either by telephone, email or by visiting the school.
- An appointment will be made for you to meet the Registrar and have a school tour.
- Complete and submit a registration form to ensure your child’s admission can be processed.
- If your child has already been at school, please include a copy of: Your child’s latest school report.
- The seat remains valid for a period of ten days.
2. Documents Required for New Registration
The following are in line with the UAE Ministry of Education and KHDA
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of passport on which the child is registered (A photocopy of a valid resident visa for expatriates ) for student and parents.
- A copy of the vaccination card for kindergarten and the original card for Gr1-G12 students.
- UAE National ID cards for both student and parent.
- 5 recent 6*4 photographs for kindergarten and 3 for another grade.
- Leaving certificate and copy of End of term report card for students who transfer from school in Dubai.
- Leaving certificate and report card from previous school certified from the appropriate Educational zone for students who transfer from other emirates.
- Leaving certificate and report card from previous school certified from Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UAE
- Embassy in the country of origin for students who transfer from outside UAE.
- 4000 Dirhams per child (1000AED registration fees, 3000 AED deducted from the school fees)
3. SLT Oversee the Admission
The school governing board and senior leadership team(SLT) oversee the admission process.
NAS admits children between the ages of 4 and 18 years old. Admission to NAS is subject to a successful placement test and interview. Admissions to NAS can be made at any time although there are cut-off dates during the year, which are communicated via our website/parental communication.
5. Provisional Offers of a Place at NAS
You may be offered a provisional place at NAS. This means your child’s application to the school doesn’t satisfy one or more of the admissions criteria. In line with MOE/KHDA protocols you may be asked to provide:
- Further documentation about your child’s schooling.
- Evidence of application for residency or your residency status.
6. Behaviour and Code of Conduct
The school aims at maintaining a positive behaviour and mutual respect among students and staff. In order to achieve this the school has a Students’ Code of Conduct Policy which aligns with the Ministry of Education. The student code of conduct aims at achieving the school principles of enhancing students’ good manners and positive conduct.The student code of conduct applies to all students of general education institutions, from grade 3 to 12 and students of continuing education.
7. Admission of Student of Determination
As per the NAS Inclusion Policy school welcomes all students following UAE Government policies and KHDA Inclusive Education Frameworks in all admissions, especially those students of determination. All new likely students of determination are required to undergo intake testing which are not conditional to admissions. Parents are required to inform the school if a child has already been identified with a need. Based on the results, as well as based on the results information gathered from interviewing parents, the school will then decide on how to adequately support the student to achieve his/her full potential.